We’d really like to know what you think, whether you are a member of DPCC or not. We’re here to help shape services in Dorset for families with children who have additional needs or are disabled. If you feel you have anything that might help with this, please do let us know.
This means that we are keen to hear from you about any issues, problems or concerns you have about services for children and young people in Dorset who have additional needs or are disabled or that affect their parents or carers or the people who work with them.
We can take your feedback to the people and organisations that provide our local services. This could be Dorset County Council services, the local health or education services, local Short Break providers and even venues that you may visit.
Of course, it’s also good to feedback praise and compliments to those who deserve it so you can use the form to provide that as well.
Here are some of the sorts of things that parents have told us cause them concern:
• School transport problems
• Difficulties with understanding Direct Payments and Personal Budgets
• Uncertainty about accessing Short Breaks
• Problems with providers failing to meet their obligations
And there are other things too that we’d really like your thoughts on too, such as:
• Does your child’s school use Person Centered Reviews and how do you find them?
• What do you think of the Dorset Local Offer and does it work for you?
• What do you think about the changes being made to Dorset County Council services for children?
• Do you find our events useful and how could they be improved?
• What could realistically be done by local services to make things easier for you and your family?
• Whatever else is on your mind that we can pass on
So, please use the form below to tell us what you think about local services for disabled children: what’s good, what’s bad and what could be improved. We’d really like to hear from you.
Dorset Parent-Carer Council Feedback Form
The best way to help us influence local services is to become a member and add your voice to that of over 700 Dorset families who are members of the Dorset Parent-Carer Council. You will receive our regular newsletter and emails about important relevant local news, workshops, training and surveys. You even get chance to use out amazing beach huts!
Joining is free and without any obligation. You can do so below.
Of course, if you’d like to become even more involved in making a difference then we are always looking for new committee members and individuals who are willing to take a more active role eg attending meetings. Just contact us if you’d like more information.